We all know I LOVE Japanese treats. I am far enough away from a Japanese grocery store to make it an adventure to get there so when I saw that there was a Japanese treat themed subscription box I knew right away that it would be up my street.Guess what? It totally is.
Enter Skosh Box. I have no idea where I heard about this but as soon as it was on my radar I purchased it quickly after I cancelled another subscription box that I had but was doubting. This is a great box! I love that their branding is on the outside of the box as well – the paper crane is so cute!
It felt like unwrapping a gift with the items in the box being hidden when you first open it. The branding from these guys is so simple and classy.
Here is what I received in this box – these items were right on top:
- Star Kirby Bubble Gum – Soda Bubble Gum + Sticker Set. That’s right folks – a STICKER SET.
- Nameko Biscuits – Butter Biscuits with Mascot print – These are adorable and I LOVE Japanese butter cookies so I am really excited to have some tea and try this brand out.
- Potato Chip Sticks – Nori & Salt Seasoning – These will be amazing as Japanese potato chips are always crunchy and delicious. They usually taste like potatoes unlike a lot of American potato chips.
- Strawberry Pocky – Strawberry Dipped Biscuit Sticks – Not the most exciting kind of Pocky but I LOVE this stuff so I am still happy to see it in the box. I really love including a stick or 2 of Pocky in my bentos (also I post my bentos on my Instagram, are we friends there?) as a sweet treat.
- Sakusaka Panda Cookies – Biscuit with Chocolate Panda Face – I am so excited to see this! If you have ever spoken to me before you probably know my favorite animals are pandas. I really enjoy weird panda items. These look delicious and so adorable!
- Green Tea Kit Kat – Matcha – Adult Taste Series x2! – I get two of these little guys! They are a great snack size and I love Matcha cookies and have never had these before. Excited to give them a go as a special treat!
This corner houses a couple more savory treat options. I am happy to see that there is a good mix of sweet and savory! I was a little worried it would be all sweet treats – very excited to get proven wrong.
- Bakauke Fried Sesame – Fried Sesame – Shoyu Rice Cracker – This guy should be fantastic. I really love sesame crackers and this is like a large sized one!
- Shrimp Mayo Umaibo – Shrimp Mayo Puffed Corn Snack – I am most excited about this! I have either an undying love or gross obsession (you decide) with Japanese shrimp flavored chips so this is perfect for me. I have seen these before in other flavors and they are like a giant Cheeto in texture so with the mayo-y shrimpy-ness of this I am sure I’ll want a bucket of these.
This might sound odd but I was so excited to open this and see that the card listed the ingredients of each item on it. I have to watch my wheat intake and I am a Pescetarian so this was fantastic and really made this box seem so high quality.
The snack variety is great, it feels special when you open it and I am unable to source 6/8 items locally. This box is a winner! It costs $12 including shipping on the monthly option and I am happy to receive my next box from them.
What are your favorite Japanese snacks?
Note: I totally bought this with my own cash money!