It’s already been a week apparently! A new Menu Plan Monday is here! Just note that I’m a pescatarian and my boyfriend/partner in mischief is vegan preferred. We’re not going full slow carb yet but we are doing really well with omitting carbs where we can. This week there’s only noodles 1 night and we’re upping our bean intake. We’re both pretty happy with this menu and I think that we’re both excited for the lemon cake. We haven’t had a homemade treat in a long while [since baking and I seem to fight] but this is a pretty easy cake and since it’s winter lemons are cheap and easy to come by. I’ll probably serve the cake with coconut ice cream, whip cream or soy whip. It should really help us out since I know that we’ll be missing the carbs. I am also happy that our greens intake is upped this week as well. We’re doing much better with getting in those leafy greens and it helps we both love them. He’s more of a fan of cooked greens and I prefer them raw so it’s a good mix of the two this week.
This week’s dinner plans include
- Buffalo Tofu + Simple Green Salad – Buffalo tofu is his favorite meal – forever.
- 2 Minute Noodles with Bok Choy & Oyster Sauce
- Chorizo with Chickpeas & Tomato – Our favorite vegan chorizo is from Trader Joe’s – it’s crumbly and not meant for slicing but delicious. We’ve had a lot of terrible vegan chorizo and this stuff is amazing.
- Warming Onion & White Bean Bake + Simple Green Salad
- Homebaked Beans + Wilted Greens with Parmesan – I’ll have real parmesan and he’ll have vegan parmesan.
- Black Pepper Cauliflower with Tofu
This week’s breakfast, lunch & treat plans include
- Tomato Tofu Scramble + tortillas – for him!
- Chickpea & Rosemary Baked Fritatta – for me!
- Pumpkin Seeds, Walnut & Cherry Muesli with almond or coconut milk if we want something sweet
- Butter Bean & Salmon Salad – like this recipe only with salmon instead of tuna
- Super Light Slaw with Salmon
- He’ll be eating leftovers for his lunches – he’s a better sport than I am [unless it’s a soup or salad!]
- The treat this week is this super simple lemon cake.