I’m pretty sure that spring isn’t to early to enjoy one of my favorite salads. It’s take a bunch of things from an Italian antipasta platter and puts them in a pasta salad. An added bonus is that it’s mayo free and can be made for vegans or omnivores super easy. Also it makes a TON. We had it for dinner one night, lunch the next day and as a side dish that evening – but we really love this stuff.
Antipasta Pasta Salad
Adapted from Budget Bites
- 1 box farfalle pasta [I used the mini ones since they’re my favorite]
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 jar roasted red peppers
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered [I got mine at Trader Joes]
- Some Kalamata olives – it’s your preference I used a lot and got them from the olive bar
- Mild or Spicy banana pepper rings
- 1 jar of marinated mushrooms
- 1 bag vegan sliced pepperoni [or ya know not the vegan kind]
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2/3 Cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 olive oil
- 2 tsp amazing English Mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
Put the pot on and boil the pasta. While it’s doing it’s thing cut up everything that needs to be cut up as well as drain and rinse the beans. Get a giant bowl and clear some room out in the fridge or freezer. Get a mason jar and put all the dressing ingredients in, close it and shake. Now when the pasta is done put everything in the big bowl save the dressing. Mix it up, then add the dressing. Put in the the fridge or freezer to chill. Now devour when it’s cooled!
Do you like pasta salad? What’s your favorite?