Popcorn is one of my all time favorite snacks. It’s super easy to make at home, and I can change it up to fit my mood.
Equipment you will need
- Cheapy brown lunchbags
- Measuring spoons
- 1/4 C. dry measure
- 1/4 C. Unpopped popcorn
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon sugar mix [1/2 C. sugar + 1 tbsp cinnamon mix it up – you’re welcome]
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dash of salt or to taste [for like a sweet/savory thing!]
Open the cheapy brown paper bag and toss in all of the ingredients save the salt. Fold over the top of the bag twice so it won’t open. Put in the microwave for 2 minutes or until the popping is about 10 seconds apart. Pour in a bowl, salt it and eat!
Not in the mood for this kind? No problem!
- French Popcorn – Replace Extra Virgin Olive Oil with melted butter or margarine and replace cinnamon sugar with herbs de Provance.
- Indian Popcorn – Replace Extra Virgin Olive Oil with melted butter or margarine and replace cinnamon sugar with curry powder.
- Italian Popcorn – Replace cinnamon sugar with Italian blend herbs and add some grated parmesan when you put it in the bowl. For a vegan version use nutritional yeast instead of the cheese.
- Fall Popcorn – Replace cinnamon sugar with pumpkin spice sugar [just like above mix 1/2 C. sugar with 1 tbsp of pumpkin pie spice] and add in 1 tsp of maple syrup.
- Fruity Nutty Popcorn – Just add the Extra virgin olive oil to the popcorn in the bag and pop it. Replace Cinnamon sugar with 2 Tbsp of dried cranberries and 1-2 Tbsp of any seed you like [I love sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds].
Popcorn fan? What are your favorite variations?